Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN P2P over BRI w/ 1721... client PC issues

Status
Not open for further replies.

jpopa

Programmer
Mar 3, 2005
US
I have a customer with two sites. The sites are GR, and KZ. Both GR and KZ have multiple PC's, and multiple Printers on the local network. Recently, the sites were connected together via Cisco P2P VPN over the existing ISDN connections. We connected the existing local switches to the routers. Infrastructure is as follows:

XP Pro --\
GR .1 |--Switch--Router===
Printer --/ ==
==
== To Internet
== via BRI's
==
XP Pro --\ ==
KZ .2 |--Switch--Router===
Printer --/

IP architecure is simple. GR is 192.168.1.x, KZ is 192.168.2.x. Routes in the ciscos, and on the client PC's are all correct. I can verify this via a ping from one client PC to another across the network.

Here comes the crazy...

I can put a PC that has never been on their network before onto each side and converse with any device anywhere in the network. I cannot, however, do this from any of their PC's. I've checked their PC's and I see no problems as far as configuration goes. All PC's are XPSP2, w/ firewall disabled.

I guess I should have asked a question :p

Have you heard of/seen anything that would cause something like this? Specifically related to the router/wan?

your not very clear on what the issue is, do you mean you cannot get the pc to communicate to one another on the LAN, or do you mean you cannot get them to communicate across the VPN?,in any case it sounds as if it could be something simple, start with clearing the arp cache in the switches and the routers.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back