Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN on W2k through BEFSR41 Linksys router

Status
Not open for further replies.

hesevil

IS-IT--Management
May 31, 2004
US
I have read the other posts on VPNs behind Linksys routers, and though they have given some insight, do not help that much.

I have my VPN configured at my office, and am able to connect to, and fully utilize it from another computer on the same network as the server (using 192.168.1.101 as the VPN server address). When I attempt to connect from the internet (using the public IP), it hangs on 'verifying username and password'. I have already configured all the VPN passthroughs in the router and have set the 192.168.1.101 as the DMZ zone.

I believe this is the same problem mentioned elsewhere here (WRTG54 router) with the GRE 47 protocol not passing through. Unlike that thread, even when i assign the server to the DMZ zone it does not work.

Now that I know the server is operating, and I can connect to it from one private IP on the network to another, I am going crazy trying to get it operational. Any help would me more appreciated than you know.

Matt

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back