Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN on Cisco 2501?

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClimbingColorado

Technical User
May 13, 2009
US
Hello,

I'm studying for the CCNA Security cert (I need to renew my CCNA) and I'd like to configure some kind of VPN tunnel between any of the following in my home lab:

one 2620xm c2600-advsecurityk9-mz.124-23.bin
two 2501 c2500-is-l.123-26.bin
two 1601 c1600-y-l.123-26.bin

The 2620 understands the crypto command but none of the other equipment listed does. I'm running the latest IOS and I've seen at least one post on the web stating that DES was supported on the 2501 routers. Unfortunately, that post didn't have any other info. The CCNA Security book and Cisco's website seem to exclusively use the crypto command to create VPN connections.

Thanks in advance,

Rob

You should not have any issues with the 2620XM as that IOS supports VPN but the other two routers may present problems with the current IOS's...

Is the 1601 a 1601 or a 1601-R??? Looks like the 1601-R has a VPN capable IOS!

Here is a good tool for you!

This is the Cisco Feature Navigator! Use it to determine which IOS/Feature Set you need! Good Luck!

B Haines
CCNA Security, CCNA R&S, ETA FOI

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back