Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN on 3Com + port forwarding

Status
Not open for further replies.

horaces

Technical User
May 23, 2007
BE
Hi

I am new in the field of VPN’s but we would like to setup a VPN between network of site X and network of site Y (site Y is a rented office; the Internet connection is part of the buildings network and managed by office manager of site X).

For VPN, both sites have a 3Com OfficeConnect Secure Router that supports VPN (IPSec). VPN router in site X is behind a CISCO router managed by our ISP, VPN router in site Y is behind a router that is managed by the office manager.

When both routers are connected straight to the Internet I understand the functioning of the VPN but now that both routers are behind another router, I understand that I will need to forward ports but I do not know what ports are used for VPN and how to set this up on the VPN router and/or ISP router.

I need to provide the Office manager of site Y also with details about ports that need to be forwarded on their router so communication can flow to our VPN router of site Y.

Could somebody help me?

Gtz

Horaces

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back