Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Issues...Error 619?

Status
Not open for further replies.

bobbydale81

IS-IT--Management
Dec 9, 2005
US
I am a technician and I am having problems connecting to a VPN in Tennessee from some PCs in California.

We have on average 6-8 people logged in to this VPN during the day and have never had any problems with it...until about 3 weeks ago. I continually get "Error 619" on each of the PCs at different times. Also, users will just get booted off and will have to attempt reconnection 5-10 times before it will reconnect.

We have not made any changes to our routers or firewalls on either side of the connection. Changes could have been made to the PCs, but the users there are not supposed to make changes. Therefore, they are telling me that nothing has changed.

I am open to ANY ideas or suggestions at this point.

Thanks.....

I think we are having a user limit somewhere....I am going to update the firmware on the router that is being used as a gateway in California tonight. The firmware update on the website says that it will clear up known PPTP issues. Hopefully, this is one of those issues....

By the way, these are just Windows XP PCs connecting to a Barbedwire firewall running a PPTP service.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back