Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN into another VPN

Status
Not open for further replies.

jimmyjamz

Technical User
Mar 26, 2004
US
hey guys...i need some brainstorming, please (and thank you!)

i work for Cingular wireless, and we just came out with a new PC Card. the Sony Ericsson GC-82 which uses EDGE technology on Cingular's existing GPRS network. anyway, the Data Connect software it uses to connect to the internet from the laptop uses a VPN. i have a potential client who wishes to use this on his work laptops to connect to his existing VPN, SonicWall. we tried for hours this morning, to no avail. the internet connection worked great, giving us speeds up to 200Kbps (actually cnet.com bandwidth test gave it 300K, but even though i work for Cingular, i don't believe it...). when we attemted to connect using SonicWall on the laptop to his corporate server, it failed every time, giving us an "unable to connect" and "check network settings" and so on. we definitly had the SonicWall settings right, but we eventually (after hours of various 1-888 numbers and tech supports) came to the conclusion that a VPN can't access another VPN. is this the case? anyone have any ideas?

thanks so much for any response.

cheers,
jim d.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back