Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Identifiers Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

johnnyasterisk

IS-IT--Management
Apr 2, 2008
IE
I am starting to hate my sonicwall pro3060.... I have a mac and am using VPN tracker as a vpn client. I have it working with a sonicwall pro2040 and the setting on the two devices are identical. However on the pro3060 I am getting the following error every time...

"The gateway informed us that the identifiers sent by VPN Tracker for Phase 2 do not match its own identifiers. Please do the following (or ask your administrator to do this):

• Compare the local address or network configured in VPN Tracker to the gateway's remote network setting
• Compare the remote network(s) configured in VPN Tracker to the gateway's local network(s)"

Its really getting annoying because I have tried every config possible but always get these errors.

Remote network is as it should but but sonicwall is complaining about it. Has anyone ever had this issue?

If you have an overlap in your IP ranges, you may have to enable the "Apply NAT Policies" setting on the SA and set up an Address Object for the remote network. As an example for clarity's sake, if your 3060's LAN is 192.168.10.0\24 and your Mac is connecting with a LAN IP of 192.168.10.148 you have an overlap.

No my mac is 192.168.X.X and remote address is 192.0.X.X

Thanks for the quick reply.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back