Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpn help?

Status
Not open for further replies.

caterman

IS-IT--Management
Jun 29, 2006
US
Hi All
I can make the vpn connection but not map a drive from outside?
At Work I can vpn to the xp box host and can map the drive from inside ip 192.168.1.x. I can also establish by using an outside ip of 62.64.x.x get the connection and map the drive.

From home or from another location I can make the vpn connection but neither location will make the map of the drive.

I saw to turn off the use remote host gateway and did so, That got internet back when the vpn was established but still no map of the drive. Any help? Thoughts.

Oh all machines are xp pro, all locations have linksys routers with the correct ports forwarded I believe. no firewall are currently on. I have set the server box on the dmz but that did not help.

is it possible both sites are using the same IP range. This case study may help,

Both sites use the same IP via VPN
Both sites use the same IP range on a VPN connection. Situation: A small business owner wants to use the VPN to access the office server. ...

Bob Lin, MS-MVP, MCSE & CNE
How to Setup Windows, Network, VPN & Remote Access on

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back