Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Help Please!

Status
Not open for further replies.

LATech

MIS
Aug 14, 2001
US
Hi,

This may be a bit long-winded, please excuse it before hand.

I am running a network with 2 different domains at a public school. 1 Server (Windows 2000 Server) runs our administrative side, and the other server (Win NT 4.0) runs our student side. Our Win NT 4.0 Server is our DHCP server. We are also using NAT on our CISCO T1 Router. I need to be able to assign a static IP (given to me by our local ISP) to both our servers in order for me to connect via VPN from home to either domain. My problem is, whenever I try to assign a static IP to my servers, the clients loose connection to the servers because they are still on my NAT assigned/DHCP IP range (172.XXX.XXX.XXX). Is there not a way to assign DUAL IPs for my servers? How do I go about assigning those static IPs to my servers, yet still use my DHCP/NAT for my workstations? What type of configuration do you recommend?
Any advice is welcome, and if you need more information, let me know!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back