Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN -> Windows 2000 client?? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

XIII

Programmer
Dec 13, 2000
NL
Maybe a stupid question, however a wise man sometime told me there were no stupid questions.. only stupid answers..

Very simple question: Can I setup a Windows 2000 Client to host VPN?? If not, how on earth do I get to go my LAN ?? Is it possible to let Windows 2000 Server do it and work with Gateway?.. I know very less about this so please excuse my ignorance.

Thank you in advance,

Regards,

XIII

Well, Win2K Pro does come with a VPN. It is not as configureable as win2k server, but works.

If this sits inside of your firewall, you will need to open the appropriate ports.

If you will be using PPTP I beleive the port is 1723, and you will also need to open the GRE port, which I think is 47.

Good Luck,
Mike

I am able to connect to my Office, but it does not initiate my network logon script. Is there some setting within the VPN properties I need to setup so that I can connect to my domain? IN order to get on the internet at home, I have to change my Network Configuration at Home within the System Properties, so my DOMAIN can't be specified there...Help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back