Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN established - No files/PCs listed

Status
Not open for further replies.

GammyLT

Technical User
Jan 22, 2004
US
I know this is beating a dead horse in this forum but I have tried everything I know to try except for importing LMHOSTS:

Here's the setup (Visio would be nice):

XPclients (10.192.168.xxx/24)-> NAT (WRT54G dynamic ip)-> FVS318 (static ip/30 bit)--> Win SBS 2003 (192.168.1.xxx/24)

Xpclients using SafeNet10. I can ping the inside LAN, my "net use" looks good, ports are open on the FVS318 (20,21,50,80,500,1723) for VPN as well as other apps/services. The remote side NAT is open as well, have tried sans NAT, same result. VPN connecton looks beautiful. Just no drive connections, no pc's listed. Even in DOS. Same result on 10 different pc's, 3 different OS's from remote. I tried WINS, no dice.

Can anyone suggest anything I'm missing? My next try to to push a LMHOSTs batch file from the WinSBS2003 since it's across the country to the local clients (which I don't have the time for right now but may have to anyway).

If I left anything out, please ask kindly.

Eternally good karma to anyone that can help.

GammyLT
"What's this button do?"
gammylt(AT)yahoo(DOT)com

Ah Ha! I might actually have an Answer. I was having the same EXACT problem with the VPN I setup at work using Windows2000 server, I just fixed it a few days ago when someone said something on some messageboard. I had the server assigning the external users an IP Address which was 10.0.10.xxx and the internal ip address is 192.168.1.xxx and I figured that i didnt want to mess it up and they are on the outside it doesn't matter once they are connected they are in...WRONG.. you have to make your VPN server assign the connection clients the SAME ip address as the ones on your internal IP addys and everything'll work perfect. And if I am reading the diagram correctly the XP Client is getting assigned 10.192.168.xxx, if you make it get assigned 192.168.1.xxx and make the range outside the DHCP server on the internal LAN everything'll work fine. (IE the DHCP server assigned 192.168.1.10-199, and the VPN assigns 192.168.1.200 - 240)

I hope this made helps, and made sense. :)

Thanx Cutty!

You were dead on, it was an IP conflict isssue.

Thanks again.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back