Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN dropped connection, will not reconnect - URGENT

Status
Not open for further replies.

salonge

IS-IT--Management
Dec 10, 2008
US
Hi all

First of all, I want to say that I am a novice at this and I inherited this when I got this position. One of my sites, is using a Cisco 3002 VPN connecting to our headquarters site which has a Cisco 3000 Concentrator. Everything worked fine until yesterday, has been working fine for a year, and everything quit working. When the user tried to reconnect the router, she gets a message that says - Tunnel is currently being negotiated, please wait. Well we rebooted the router, reset the group and user password to make sure it is the same, still no connection. I looked in the event log and saw an error that says, IKE AM Initiator FSM error history struct(&0xe89f74) This is so urgent. They have been down for two days.

Can you please send the error messages in their entirety?

Thanks for answering Briancox86, but I found out that our DSL provider changed the IP address which affected the IP address on the VPN.

One solution to changing IPs is to use Fully Qualified Domain Names, (FQDN) and a DDNS like dyndns.com

Or you can make whatismyIP.com your home page so you will notice.

I tried to remain child-like, all I acheived was childish.

Thank you. Do you have any idea why these connections drop so frequently? The 3002 VPN disconnects almost daily from the 3000 Concentrator and we have to manually reconnect them.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back