Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN down. RRAS won't start. Unable to initialize winsock.

Status
Not open for further replies.

jferrante

MIS
Aug 6, 2003
US
Not sure where to start here. Server has lost all connectivity for no apparent reason. We have a 2003R2 server with 2 network cards as our VPN server. One card has a static IP (called VPN inbound) the other card is dynamic. The “dynamic” card cannot get an IP address. If I try an ipconfig /renew, I receive “error occurred… RPC server unavailable.

When I open Routing and Remote Access I get the message “an error occurred while trying to make a connection to the datastore”.

I ran netsh winsock /? From a command prompt and received the following errors:
IPMONTR.dll failed to start error 10107
Also,
The following helper dll cannot be loaded: DHCPMON.dll
The following helper dll cannot be loaded: WINSMON.dll

Basically I have no network connection either inside or outside the company. I’ve considered removing and re-installing TCP/IP, or resetting winsock, but the server also runs our Blackberry Enterprise software and that means I’d have to re-install it and the Exchange components as well. (I think) Any ideas where to start???

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back