Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN does not work now that I am not in home country anymore

Status
Not open for further replies.

hlcar

Technical User
Sep 25, 2011
FR
Hello everyone,

I used to live in Canada and had a VPN network set up that worked flawlessly. I recently moved to France for a few months (student exchange) with my girlfriend and we have wifi in out apartment. The thing is both our VPN connections do not work on this connection. She has a Windows7 laptop and I have an OSX lion laptop and the VPNs we are trying to connect to are different so I am assuming it has something to do with the way the router was set up. Does anyone have a clue what could be going on?

Thank you

We tried connecting to our VPN networks at a starbucks a block away from our apartment and we connected flawlessly. I am convinced it has something to do with the router. Are you aware of a way I can "allow" for VPN connections on a router? (I have access to the admin setup of the router).

Thank you

What is the make and model of it? i will check it out for you. DId you check whether it supports VPN passthrough?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back