Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Connection Question.

Status
Not open for further replies.

mcse63

MIS
Jan 7, 2003
US
I have a SonicWallPro230 firewall with VPN. I have installed the vpn client at home and went through the setup procedure. When I activate the vpn connection from home I authenticate using my username and password. I then get a window showing that I am connected. Great, now here is my question. Why can't I see any of my internal network, I would like to be able to connect to my exchange server and various other resources? Is there something that I have to setup on the server side? Are there any good sites out there that address how to finish this up. Any and all help would be greatly apprecieated. I am able to ping the internal ipaddresses of the lan.

The one that I currently working on is a win2k pro box

Thanks

If you are able to ping it by ip address and not by name then you are facing a DNS resolution issue and what you need to do is configure the hosts file on your PC that will resolve the host name to the ip address that you want. Search for the host file on your PC and an example of how to write will be given in the file only.

Ok I have finally accoplished connecting to some internal network shares with my vpn connection..now lets say that I want to open mail in outlook and and view and run other programs? What would be the procedure for this, do I need to create script or is there some other way.

Thanks in advance for all the help

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back