Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Connection from home to Work 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

AGA

IS-IT--Management
May 10, 2001
AU
I am trying to connect from My work PC Windows 2000 Professional to My Home Server Windows 2000 Server SP3.
At work I have set up the DUN and dial in to my home server it ask me for a user name and password which is accepted straight away and logs me in. But then I try to find the server it find the server and on double clicking it, it asks for a Pssword

//mail/IPC$
password:

I have used the administrative passowrd but it doesnt let me in.

Now what should I do under such circumstances. Urgent reply please.

Make sure you are sharing resources on the home server. Make your username and password on you home server the same as the username and password that you are using on the work network.

The username and the password is the same because I log in to my server everytime through administrator password.

AGA:

When you start your machine and logon to the office network you use a certain username and password, right? i.e. username: aga password: ******. Setup a user with that username and password on your home network. when you tunnel into the home network, use that username and password, not the administrator account. Make that user an administrator if you like. Make sure you are sharing some folders on the home network and that the security will allow this user to access that shared folder. You are getting this message because the home network doesn't have any shared resources, does not have file and print sharing enabled, or thinks you are whoever you log on as originally, not the administrator. That original user is not a user on the home network and has not rights.

Thankyou Blinks 7 I manage to log in to my server at home.Your post was extremely helpful.

Hello AGA!:
Please, I am new and I need to create a VPN like yours. Can you explain me hot to do it (Client PC Windows 2000 Professional and Server Windows 2000 Server)
How do I have to configurate PC's?

Thanks in advance

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back