Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN connected, Outlook disconnected

Status
Not open for further replies.

Nattylou

IS-IT--Management
Mar 17, 2003
Hi,

I have the following issue.

I am connected to the internet via a speedtouch 585 router, which is set to distribute DHCP on the range 192.168.1.65 - 253. It also has the 192.168.16.*** range added to it.

My work has a draytek router, ip 192.168.16.1 which is linked into the network, on which I am running a 2003 SBS server, which I installed this week.

Everyone that I have set up to vpn to the work PC from home has done so successfully and can work as if they are onsite in every capacity (apart from speed, naturally) but my PC will connect successfully to the domain, I can browse the network and ping all the machined by IP and by name but I cannot get outlook to connect to exchange. No matter what I try, I cannot seem to make it connect.

I could connect successfully before I installed the new server and the only difference is that I am now on a domain. That said, so is everyone else and they can still connect OK. The only remaining difference is that all the other machines are on XP and I am using Vista.

Does anyone have any idea what I can do to get the VPN to also connect Outlook to Exchange so that I can work more easily?

Thank you in advance for your help on this one, I am completely foxed!

Add a host file with the entry for your exchange server.

Hi,

Thanks for this reply. A friend told me about half an hour ago to alter the gateway and DNS advances settings for the laptop and that seems to have worked for now but I'll bear the hosts thing in mind - I never thought of that.

Much appreciated.

Nat

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back