Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN config ASA 5510

Status
Not open for further replies.

mdc1973

Technical User
Jul 7, 2003
GB
I have a VPN between my ASA (running 7.2(19))and a (3rd party managed) cisco router running a secure IOS version 12.4, and seem to have encountered a weird issue.

LAN A behind the router can ping/ RDP/ whatever across to LAN B behind the ASA, but LAN B can't initiate a connection to LAN A. I have set a capture on the inside interface of the ASA and can see the attempts to connect to the remote server but nothing coming back.

Set up is:

LAN A ----- Router A -----internet------ ASA B ------ LAN B

My VPN config is:

access-list vpn extended permit ip 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.3.176 255.255.255.240
access-list vpn extended permit icmp 10.0.0.0 255.0.0.0 10.0.3.176 255.255.255.240

crypto map mymap 8 match address vpn
crypto map mymap 8 set pfs
crypto map mymap 8 set peer 87.x.x.x
crypto map mymap 8 set transform-set AES-SHA

crypto ipsec transform-set AES-SHA esp-aes esp-sha-hmac

crypto isakmp policy 32
authentication pre-share
encryption 3des
hash sha
group 2
lifetime 86400

tunnel-group 87.x.x.x type ipsec-l2l
tunnel-group 87.x.x.x ipsec-attributes
pre-shared-key *

Though I don't manage the router, they have sent me the config and I can't see anything unusual with it, as the tunnel is up and passes traffic successfully one way, I don't think it's a problem there.

Any thoughts from anyone on this? Have I missed something obvious?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back