Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpn concentrator help

Status
Not open for further replies.

nleslie56

ISP
Jan 24, 2006
US
We're upgrading from a vpn concentrator 3005 to a 3020. I'm wondering whether i can move the config file from the 3005 to the 3020 or will i have to rebuild all the users and configurations on the 3020? My first question is whether the config files are compatible? Also, on my vpn concentrator 3005, when i go to file management, under administration, i don't see any files? Shouldn't there be a config file there?

any responses or help will be mucho appreciated. Thanks!

If the os on the concentrator works in the same way as on a pix, I would first try to copy the startup-config to the flash: under another file name (xxxx.conf or what ever) or even tftp to another host or server. from the new concentrator you can download it from the same tftp server and boot it.
Actually if a new and different os is already installed on the new concentrator, it should convert some config commands and adapt them to the new os.
This is what I got once by upgrading my pix from 6.3 up to 7.0(x).

Rebuild time. The 3020 does not use the same interface as the rest of the product line, ie, IOS interface. It is expected that you will do most of th e config from the web GUI. There is a command line of sorts but it's just a CLI of the menuing system, not like a router or a PIX.

The IPSec can be a bit of a pain in the butt to set up but it does work and the certificates for the SSL connections work but the configuration is strangely worded in places.

MikeS

Home of the book "Network Security Using Linux"

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back