Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN clients

Status
Not open for further replies.

lmtruck

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2001
US
I am currently using PPTP on a PIX515 for my VPN, but I am going to switch to L2TP/IPSec. With PPTP, I am using the client that comes with Windows. Does anyone have any recommendations for clients with my new configuration? The one that I found on Cisco's website is old and does not specify that it works with Windows 2000. Is there a newer version or a better alternative?

Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,
Matt

I did find the newer versions of the client software after agreeing to the export control statement. I would still be interested in hearing of any alternatives to use as clients if anyone has any suggestions.

Thanks again,
Matt

If you interested, i'm using Cisco VPN 3000 client (Free) with PIX 515, this client is very easy to configure (3 paramters) and it's better than VPN Client Cisco. All the config is on the PIX.
Try it !

Bordeau Jerome

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back