Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Client virtual adapter can't get IP address

Status
Not open for further replies.

jebenson

Technical User
Feb 4, 2002
US
Hello all,

My office is upgrading from a PRO 200 to a TZ 200, and I am trying to configure the VPN on the new device. I have a test network set up, with a domain controller with DHCP enabled. I have set up for RADIUS authentication with IAS onthe domain controller, and it tests successfully. However, I am missing something in the configuration, becuase the client's virtual adapter can't get an internal IP address from the DHCP server. Unfortunately, there does not seem to be a manual for the TZ 200 (how do you ship a product without a manual?), and I am at a loss for what configuration changes to make to get this to work.

Any ideas?

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Does it work with DHCP from the TZ 200 or if you statically assign an IP?

If not then I've encountered this issue before when certain Routers are used at the client end, in particular Netgears. I've also seen this where other VPN client software is installed on the PC for example Checkpoint or Cisco.

Not sure what version of SonicOS Enhanced you have on the TZ200, but you can download the Administration manuals for it at the following link:

Just match the OS version and start with the Administrators guide. There might be other of interest to you as well.

Hey, thanks for the link. I actually found that shortly after I posted. [blush]

I have gotten it to work by basically change settings, test, change settings, test, etc. I also found that the DHCP server on the SonicWALL was enabled, although I could have sworn that I disabled it. Anyway, all is good, the adapter is getting an IP and I'm logging into the network over the VPN. Yay!

I used to rock and roll every night and party every day. Then it was every other day. Now I'm lucky if I can find 30 minutes a week in which to get funky. - Homer Simpson

Arrrr, mateys! Ye needs ta be preparin' yerselves fer Talk Like a Pirate Day!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back