Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN Client connect to second sites network? 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoyceyBaby

IS-IT--Management
Mar 23, 2001
I am hoping that you nice people can help me with my problem :)

To describe our enviroment, we have two sites running Pix506E's. They are connected to each other using VPN so if i sit in Office A I can access servers in Office B and vice versa.

We also have remote users that connect to the office they belong to. So a user that works for Office A connects via Client VPN to Office A.

The problem we have is that when using Client VPN software we cannot access the servers in the other site. For example, if I connect to Office A via the Client VPN sotware I can only access the servers on Office A and not Office B.

Is it possible to configure this and how?

Many thanks,
Royce

I tried this and asked the same question here some time ago. And i got same answer like i gave you.

..i gota keep trying...
...i'm reading where you can configure gre to run over the tunnel enabling dynamic routing protocols rip/eigrp/ospf. If your able to run these protocols couldnt a mere network statement do the trick..play with metric to prefer route between a-to-b-to-server...when that route goes down then route is a-to-c-to-server

...come on... somebody agree...

The problem is the pix sending traffic out the interface that it came in on. The pix 7x software can do this with an same-security intrainterface command but this is not available in the 6x software.
You will need an ASA5500 serier or a 515 that can run the 7x code.

Brent
Systems Engineer / Consultant
CCNP, CCSP

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back