Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Vpn client can't ping the PDC

Status
Not open for further replies.

Solo

MIS
Nov 2, 1999
US
I have setup windows98 client to use the VPN via a DSL connections.
I could map to all internal share drives & browse the networks, however, I could not ping to others workstations or the PDC except to the connected Vpn server.
Any ideas.

Thanks in advance.

Solo

Sounds like a routing problem..

What IP address it he internal lan, and what ip address scheme are you using for VPN clients?

My thought is that you're using a different IP scheme for the VPN clients and the workstaitons and PDC don't know how to get back to that subnet..

BuckWeet

The internal IP 192.168.2.xxx mask 255.255.255.0, the Vpn Ip pool are 192.168.2.80 thur 192.168.2.90,
up on connecting the client get 192.168.2.81 mask 255.255.255.0 blank on default gatway.

I could map to drives using name or Ip's, broswe everyone on the network but can not ping to any station except the Vpn server this is odd. For me to use this Vpn I have to use the tcp/ip connection since my main core application is using the client/server tcp/ip functions.

Thanks

Solo

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back