Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations gmmastros on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN at Head Office to allow agents working from home to communicate (VOIP) with an external dialer

Status
Not open for further replies.
Dec 6, 2001
JM
Hi Everyone.
I am trying to get 20 persons to be able to work from home, doing a help desk application.
They need to be able to connect to an external dialer (VICI) in order to make and receive calls.

Our current setup is to have them all in one room, using networked PCs going out through a static IP, which is whitelisted by the client.

If I configure a VPN server, whether a router (e.g. RV042) or a pfSense box, would that allow me to host these agents who would work from home using their laptops and Internet? They would connect to the router at HQ and then route out to the client.

We are seeking a solution due to the Covid-19 pandemic. Any suggestions are welcome.

I am assuming that your office router's external (or NAT) IP is or can be whitelisted.
Configure VPN for all of the people. If for security reasons you are using a non-split tunnel (ALL traffic through the tunnel) then you s/b all set. That's double the bandwidth needed but it should work. Otherwise when configuring VPN make sure that the traffic to the provider is tunneled. In other words only needed traffic should be sent to the work router and the rest will go via their ISPs.

Have you found a solution? Do you know what yu are using at work right now?
My company needs a similar fix, but i've got no idea...

LukeyLuke - I posted the solution. This is how you do that. Is there anything wrong with the proposal?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back