Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN and Policies?

Status
Not open for further replies.

skymut

MIS
May 7, 2002
I've inherited a client with a broke VPN. The RAS is sitting inside a Linksys firewall/router. The 'basic' configuration of the RAS looks alright. I configured the router for port forwarding.

I can't remember the error code (751?), but I'm getting a 'server not responding' type of error.

The RAS actually has 2 NICs in it, so this evening I went ahead and enabled the second NIC and configured it with the public IP info (just to make sure the issue wasn't with the router). Same problem.

I'm thinking that the issue has something to do with security policies, or something along those lines.

Any VPN pros want to help me on this one? PLEASE!!!

Thanks.

'If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.'

I had a similar experience, inheriting a broken VPN. I ended up right clicking in routing and remote access, disabling it (it removed the config) and then re-enabled it and set it up from scratch. That resolved it for me.

I've done that a couple of times, including when I went ahead and put the RAS outside the firewall. I must be missing something in the fine print somewhere.

'If at first you don't succeed, then skydiving isn't for you.'

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back