Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN and MPLS ? Need help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

fatchai

Technical User
Nov 4, 2006
HK
hi:

we need to use VPN to connect 5 offices to our corp. network.

During the planning stage, we found out that there was a MPLS network connected to these 5 offices.

so i have these questions:

1. if we can only upgrade 1 office to VPN each time.
can both VPN and MPLS co-exist till all office migrate to VPN? what will be the impact?

2. or shall i upgrade all sites to VPN at the same time to minimize the network problem of keeping both networks during change period ?

3. anyone has such experiences before ?

welcome for any ideas.

Why would you move from MPLS to a VPN network? If the MPLS is connecting all offices together then your all set and is much more reliable.

our group company bought these companies so they need to follow the corp. standard to convert their network structure from MPLS to VPN. (MPLS is only these 5 offices standard)

Ok they can co-exist so you can do one at a time. I have MPLS connecting 3 of my major stores together while remote offices use VPN.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back