Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPN and Linksys BEFSR41

Status
Not open for further replies.

mvsastry

MIS
Nov 7, 2002
US
i am using a linksys cable/modem router to access the internet, my laptop win2k pro has nortel extranet, i connect to the extranet but cant map drives inside the extranet, i get error "The mapped network drive could not be created because the following error has occured there are no logon servers available to service the logon request", i can ping the server i want to connect or map to...any help will be appreciated Sastry

if mapping network drive from an external connection just use the outside ip like \\209.123.123.222\"foldername" since the nat cannot be routed to, if trying to map network drives on a remote server from "your" connection you must find out if they have netbios running and/or the necessary ports open, i have a client using nortel extranet through a linksys router to american express financial resources, et al. no problems there, good luck

scholar

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back