Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPIM

Status
Not open for further replies.

nortelcs100e5

Technical User
Oct 30, 2007
Can somebody briefly explain what rule should i follow to set VPIM??? i mean how to calculate/describe rule for setting VPIM prefix in Callpilot 4 or 5.??
does it related to DID range i mean lets say i have DID number ranging 5206000 to 5207900 and my extension are bulit from 6300 to 7200. Also i f i have to use IDC to route DID calls to non DID number then what should i consider before setting PREFIX??
regards

I always set my VPIM as the 10 digit number

615-520-6000 VPIM would be set to 6155206 with an overlap ov 1 and would cover everyting from 6000 to 6999 then I would have another prefix of 6155207 with an overlap of 1 to cover th other range of DID's

basically your desktop messageing email would look like 6155206000@callpilot.mycompany.com

We had a site that had some nonDID mailboxes and I set the VPIM prefix for 7 with an overlap of 1. This address looked like 75555@callpilot.mycompany.com

They have 5 digit extentions.

Signature===========================================
Artificial Intelligence Is No Match for Natural Stupidity.

The latest survey shows that 3 out of 4 people make up 75% of the population.

The original point and click interface was a Smith & Wesson.

Red meat is not bad for you, it is the green fuzzy meat that is bad.

Hi, does it ask for overlap while setting VPIM??? and what does overlap means?
regards

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back