Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPIM network shortcut

Status
Not open for further replies.

ospe

Programmer
Nov 17, 2005
VE
I´m installing a CP 4.0 and I want desktop features on Outlook 2003, The format for the CP account it´s:

16138887002@voiceuser.callpilot.com
VPIM network shortcut + mailbox number@CallPilot user + identifier+
CallPilot server FQDN

But I dont use domain on my nertwotk And I didn`t add the VPIM network shortcut, But I can receive my CP messages in the outlook, Does The VPIM shortcut index is mandatory?

Another Question: How do the users receive fax on their desktop?, Does It Just required to record in their greeting that if the caller want the send a fax They have to send after the tone (The user have to have Nortel fax batch etc.)

The best way to get faxes to their mailboxes is to have a DID built as a phantom DN in the PBX; the phantom should be DCFW'd to the multimedia CDN; take the phantom number and enter it as an extension DN in the mailbox.

But This is the only way that an user can receive fax on his desktop (outlook), Can´t the caller call from a fax directly to the ext. user (through DID) and after hear the greeting send the fax?

You can set that up one of two ways;

Assign a DID for fax only, create a phantom of that DID that is DCFW'd to the multimedia CDN; enter the DID for the fax under the Extension DN of the mailbox. This is the "better" way to do it.

They can use the same fax number as their DID, however, if the person answers their phone, they will get a fax tone in their ear, and if/when it gets to Call Pilot it can take several seconds before the Call Pilot determines it is a fax machine and accepts the fax. It does work, but the first solution works better in my opinion.

Isn´t the VPIM Index necessary? because I created a desktop application for user with this format:
362@192.20.20.72 (mailbox@serveripaddress)

and It works

Yes, the VPIM prefix is a necessary part of the configuration; however, your previous question was on how to receive faxes.

Can I choose any VPIM prefix number to identify the CP server?

I´m trying to add a VPIM index, but The CP gave me this error: ESN code cannot be null
I can´t access The window: ESN access code used by this location,

How do I add the ESN codes

Did you try just putting a 9 in the field (if that's what you use to dial externally).

retrievers

I`m taking back the CP(I was out)
I have the same problem:

the ESN windows is disable I can´t fill it up with ESN prefix (I use 9), I go to:
messaging ----> Message Network configuration:

any Of this below windows are enable (I can`t click on them):

ESN access code used by this location

Location codes (Add)

Unless you are networking to other Call Pilots using NARS (AC2) you do not need to add ESN access codes plus Location Codes.

I noticed you are running Call Pilot 4.0, do you SU01 PEP installed on your server?

The CallPilot isn´t going to be connected to other callpilot, But When I tried to configure the desktop on Outlook 2003 and tells me that I need the VPIM shortcut, And When I´m adding a VPIM index this error message appear:
ESN code attribute cannot be null: error code 60697 (but the ESN windows are disabled).

I`ve got a CP 4.0, I installed the patches when I started the CP (Wizard), But the Do you recommend? Do I have to re-installed the PEP´s?

I believe you are missing a PEP, there is one that addresses this issue. I am trying to locate the PEP number so you can reference it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back