Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VPC 6 and USB devices 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

tapdn

Technical User
Aug 4, 2005
US
I am running Winsowx XP Pro thru Virtual PC 6.1 on a G4 AGP Mac OS 10.4.2.
Does anyone know of a way to get my USB webcam to work with this setup? I want to use the windose version of MSN messenger with my Logitec Zoom Cam but VPC has- eh, "problems" with usb devices apparently. Any workarounds???

I don't think so; after trying for quite a while, I gave up and wrote a Mac version of the USB driver I needed, so I could use the device with OS X.

Hi ObviousTroll

... you wrote a USB driver!?

Kind Regards
Duncan

Would you be willing to share this driver Obvious Troll? After spending considerable time attempting to make this thing work I hate to have to give up now!

Unless ObviousTroll has the same model camera as you, I don't think it would be of much use. Unless he's willing to post sourcecode online somewhere, and you can adapt it for your device.

I haven't used VPC on my Mac, but I use it all the time on my Windows machines, and it doesn't have USB device support, except for stuff like keyboards and mice.

Chip H.

Sorry, Chip is right - the device I wrote the driver for wasn't a camera.

There *are* webcam drivers for Mac, but I don't know of any that work with MSN Messenger. Yahoo! Messenger does support webcams, however, and so does iChat (AIM).

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back