Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

vpath disks

Status
Not open for further replies.

andy61

Technical User
Apr 19, 2006
GB
We have some vpath disks running under AIX 5.1 (!). We had some errors on an adapter, but a psuedo replace seemed to sort it. Following a reboot, I can see all the disks, but some are reporting IO errors whatever I try to do anything with them eg 'dd'. The odd thing is that the disks are showing a PVID, which suggests to me that the system is able to read the disks at system start, but any other activity results in IO fails. Any ideas?

Thanks for this - it looks a useful document. The problem is now sorted. It looks like there were Persistent Reserves on the disks following the adapter error. These survived a reboot, but IBM were able to log into the disk array and free up the disks.Once they'd done that, I needed rmdev -dl the drives and re-probe.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back