Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voting button in Lotus Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

tylervo

Technical User
Oct 10, 2002
US
I need help to create a voting button for Lotus Notes. I went to the sandbox of I couldn't find any.

Have anyone use the Voting button in your Notes environment?

I am very appreciated your helps.

Thank you,
Tyler

What is it that you want to vote on ?
I've never done voting, in Notes or out, but it seems to me that it is a question of having as many opinions for or against as possible on a given subject in a given amount of time.
Of the bat, I see two possibilities. First, you can create a voting database, with a list of subjects defined in a profile doc, and users come in and create a Vote document for one or several subjects. You'll have to check that the user cannot vote twice on the same subject using Script to check that a document from that user does not already exist on that subject.
Second, you can create a subform with the voting process in it, and attach that to a form that you wish users to vote on. If the user has not yet voted, the subform is loaded, if he has, the subform is not. That ensures that you only get one vote per user per form. You can even attach the vote result to a doc in another db (a Vote db ?), so that results can be compiled independently from the source info, and anonymously as well.
Yet, both solutions require a good knowledge of LotusScript a several hours of hard work.
Do you know Script ? If not, you'll need to learn pretty quick. I can help you, if you wish.

Pascal.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back