Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

volume unknown when I try to recover a directory

Status
Not open for further replies.

rgiachero

Technical User
Jul 2, 2001
IT
Hi,

I have a problem to recover a directory from "networker User" on win2000 server. When I try to view the volume required I read "Unknown".I'm sure that this directory was saved, and from "nwadmin" (on AIX server) I can see a long list of save-sets saved in the period of my interest.
I tried to restore the save set from nwadmin, from "Save Set - recover" but the program replayed me:

"Save Set Recover started: 03/20/03 11:13:27
recover: Cannot start session with server PT1: User root on computer PT1 is not on pc1.hander.local's remote access list
Save Set Recover ended: 03/20/03 11:13:27"

Has anyone suggestions?
Thanks in advance !

First of all put yourself to the Remote Access list under Remote in Client configuration - smth like root@* or root@PT1.com and try to recover again.

edit pc1's remote access field to have *@*. Also put *@* in the server's administrator list. This should be enough for you to try a saveset recovery.

The bigger question is why does NetWorker think that you are running the recovery from a client called pt1? Is there really a machine called pt1 and you were performing a directed recovery?

If there isn't a machine called pt1 and you were really on pc1, then you have a client id issue. Client id issues usually are a result of renaming a client without preserving the original client id. These issues can be complicate to undo.

Hi everybody and thanks vsvs and wallace88,
I managed to recover the file set from the client.
wallace88, the message that I reported above, was written by server PT1, not by the client (pc1.hander.local).
My big question is : why I can restore the fileset from the client and not the single directory ? Why when I try to restore from "networker User" on the client , I receive a message "Unknown" about the volume ?

Thank you very much !

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back