Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

volume pool mismatch

Status
Not open for further replies.

petemkuk

Technical User
Aug 7, 2009
GB
We had some tapes that were created on an old server, that has since been decommissioned 12 months ago.
A restore has been requested, and we have tried, but it failed with no storage units available.
Checking the tapes, they seem to still have all the old attributes - HCART, old volume pool etc ....
So I did a deassignbyid, then a vmdelete, then added them back into the old pool, the new volume pool, and HCART2, and then imported them, leaving the image stuff intact.

This all worked.

When I tried to do the restore again, it failed with - request terminated because of volume pool mismatch.

I tried to do a vmchange - vmchange -new_v new volume group -m volser -mt HCART2 -rt ACS

this failed with - Could not change media ID volser: robot type and volume group mismatch (81)

Is it still getting volume pool info from the image database, and if so, little short of removing all evidence of the 2 tapes, and doing an import, is there anything that I can do ?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back