Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

volume off incoming calls to low 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

begems

Technical User
Dec 19, 2003
BE
The setup: a isdn line with 30 trunks.

Problem: the speech volume of incoming calls is much to low.

Where can I adjust the gain on the lines? In the trunk-group there's no option...

try the 'digital loss group' on page 1 of trunk form.

Edgar Clemente

Edgar is close :) but that's only half the answer:

Write down the loss group on the trunk form, and note the loss-group(s) of your phones (IP and/or digital, you'll find them on the station form).

Using the loss group numbers you collected you can alter the loss plan in the "location-parameters" form. Please make sure you know what you are doing, and *please* make a print-screen before you change anything.

Quote from the Administrators guide:

"
Loss plans determine the amount of loss (quieter) or gain (louder) applied on calls. Usually, your system uses a pre-defined loss plan that is based on the administered country code. In some circumstances, you may be able to change the loss plan used by your system on a per trunk or per phone basis.
CAUTION:
The values in the loss plan can significantly affect the quality of service that your users experience. Therefore, in order to change the loss plan you must thoroughly understand loss plans and your particular configuration. Avaya recommends that you seek technical assistance from Avaya before making any modifications to the loss plan.
In order to be able to modify your loss plan, the Digital Loss Plan Modification field must be set to y on the System-Parameters Customer-Options screen, and the Customize field must also be y on the Location Parameters screen. An Avaya representative must enable these fields for you.
The 2 Party Loss Plan page of the Location Parameters screen allows you to set the gain or loss levels (in dB) between two parties on a call. Each row on this screen is considered a different loss group. You can assign a loss group to a particular phone or trunk by administering a value for the Loss Group fields on the Station and Trunk Group screens. This allows you to use different loss plans for different types of phones or different trunk groups.

I'm having this issue also.

i tried messing with the terminal parameters, with no luck. Please update this thread of the location-parameters changes fixes your issue.

RTMCKEE

CM 2.1.1
Prologix R9.05
Modular Messaging 1.1

can someone tell me if we need to increase the value on the loss plan to increase the volume of the call ?

You define the loss in dB. This is a value between -3 and 15. Giving in 15, means 15 decibels of loss. Giving in -3, means a loss of -3 ( -(- 3) = + 3 ) or a gain of 3 decibel.

Good luck

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back