Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Volume Issue

Status
Not open for further replies.

jermiester7

Technical User
Apr 14, 2009
CA
Hello All, We just hooked up a predective dialer with our phone system being a Norstar Nortel system. We were at first going to use a digital T1 line but went to analog instead due to problems with a D circuit. Now the dialer does make the calls out but for some reason the volume is very low when it links the customer to the call center person and if we try and push the volume up through the Norstar software we just get more static on the line. Is there anyone that has seen this before or has a solution. Many thanks Jerry

I would suggest trying calls without the dialer and see if the loss is coming from the dialer rather than the phone system. Second you might look at just getting a channel bank and bypassing the phone system entirely. I have not had problems with volume off of a correctly set up channel bank. If for some reason you cannot separate the channel bank how about explaining how you have the dialer wired into the nortel and we can see if looking at your setup brings up any ideas.

----------------------------
Hill?? What hill??
I didn't see any $%@#(*$ Hill!!
----------------------------
JerryReeve
Communication Systems Int'l
com-sys.com

As a temp fix, you could set the lines to LongCO. That should help, but I'd follow jerry's advice, and start looking for the cause.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back