Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations Mike Lewis on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Volume Control

Status
Not open for further replies.

tottie

MIS
Jan 5, 2003
hi, this is kinda weird for me. i slid the volume control on my taskbar to maximum but it slowly goes back to minimum which doesnt give any sound at all. device manager says my sound soundcard is working properly so i presumed im using the correct driver for ESS Alegro. can anyone help me on this please?
thanks,
tottie

is your pc virus and trojan free? i had a similar issue once and tracked it down to an infected pc
also
if you are using xp or windows 2000 have you tried lookig in the sounds properties page in control panel?

projector1, im sure its clean because this is new installed Win98. i had problems with sound card conflicting with my modem & other mobo chips but i already fixed it, all devices are working properly. at least thats what my device manager says.
tottie

have you checked the website of the sound card manufacturer for any known issues that other users of the same soundcard have experienced?

Uninstall all instances, including support software, that have anything to do with your soundcard.
Do not use the installation cd for your sound card.
Download the newest drivers from the manufacturers website.
Go to intel.com and use the chipset identifier util....download and install the latest chipset drivers.
Update your bios.
Install the chipset drivers.
Install the new sound card drivers.
Re-install directx from the microsoft site. (DX9B)
---REBBOTING AS YOU GO---

I hear and I forget. I see and I remember. I do and I understand.
Confucius

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back