Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

volume control settings won't hold

Status
Not open for further replies.

violaboy

MIS
Jan 23, 2002
US
I can't seem to get the wave and master volume control to save settings when I exit. Everytime I return, the volume is all the way down. Any ideas? Thanks.

Snow

When I open up my sound mixer at the top left is an "Options" selection. Under that it has two options "Save Settings Now" and "Save Settings on Exit". Do you have anything like that? (I double clicked the sound icon in the systray to open my mixer). I could be wrong, so don't hold that against me. At least I'm trying! I hope I've helped in some way........

No, I don't have that option. That's interesting though...I wonder why that would be. Thanks for your input. Any other ideas on how I can get this going? Thanks.

I have no idea, anyone else????? I could be wrong, so don't hold that against me. At least I'm trying! I hope I've helped in some way........

Might not be relevant but i had this and to resolve it I had to install the latest sound card drivers on my PC.

Thanx

Dear

Please remove the existing driver and then re-install
don't forget to remove from "c:\windows\inf\other" (I assume that win98 is on c drive)

tell me what happened now ???

Nirav

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back