Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP with LDK 100

Status
Not open for further replies.

jezt

IS-IT--Management
Jan 12, 2010
GB
Having had my ISDN lines chopped by BT, we are now struggling with incoming calls getting the engaged tone.

Someone I know says his phones are all IP and he can redirect them where he wants and still get a local number shown.

Is this something I can do with the 100 and is it a solution to waiting for more ISDN lines to be installed ?

Cheers, Jez.

Hi Jezt . I think what this Someone you know is referring to is SIP Trunks ( Or non-geographical numbers ) I'm not sure if the LDK can support SIP trunking as the only way to connect the SIP trunks would be a LANU Daughter board on your MPB . It may be possible on higher software revisions 3.6 and above .
Also SIP trunks are provided over a Broadband line and you may need to wait just as long for installation as you would for ISDN , That and SIP trunks can be affected by slow speeds
you can get clipping and jitter on calls and in my personal opinion ISDN is far clearer for voice calls .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back