Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP TRUNK Quick Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

nooop

Technical User
May 12, 2007
US
I have my two sites networked, and one direction works pefectly, but the other side is grabbing the numbers backwards? Example:

I call 5209 from site A, and site B sees the call as 520,

I have private recieved set to 209, so i need to see 209 hit the switch. There must be a setting for incoming digits.

Thanks

Looks like you are set at site B for 3 digits incoming so it is going to grab the first 3 that come. You need to delete the first digit when it leaves site A. Now you will have to go back into the IP routing and send 2xx to site B instead of 5XXX.

Keep in mind this advice is coming from a PBX tech.

If 5 constitutes a private access code, then designate it as such in the Private Network section under Dialing Plan. Make sure your private received number length is set to 3.

If 5 is your destination code in routing and it is going out on your route that is built for VOIP trunks, it sounds like you need to set you destination code to absorb 1 or all to strip the 5 and only sent the last 3 gigits dialed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back