Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP Trunk Fast Busy - Intermittent

Status
Not open for further replies.

DTMF2011

Technical User
Dec 6, 2010
US
I have a VoIP Trunked network. At the hub I have a CS1000 Rel 7.X with NRS and Signalling Servers, all at current levels. At the remote sites I have Option 11's with Signalling Servers. Using H323 on the network. All was working well until we implemented MPLS on our network, along with a VSX firewall at the head end.

What's happening is that occasionally sites will get a fast busy when trying to call the hub. Then after some period of time the calls will start going through again. There is no circuit congestion or all trunks busy blocking going on. We had the Net Sec group check and the firewall is dropping packets that are "not stateful" at the time when calls are being blocked. The logs in the SS do not show any problems and the NRS does not show the sites in an unregistered state in the logs or on the status screen.

Is there a setting in the NRS or Signalling Servers to keep the connection from going into that condition?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back