Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP to Cisco CM

Status
Not open for further replies.

dhridah

Technical User
Nov 11, 2003
US
I have a customer that has a Cisco CM in 1 location and we want to put an IP Office in another using VOIP. They currently have a T1 between the 2 sites and are using Cisco phones at site 2. I know that I can connect the 2 via the T1 as a Tie line but want to do it using an h.323 trunk. I have all the docs I need for the IP Office config but do not know what has to be done in the cisco switch and if it is at all possible to do this. Has anyone done this?

I have conmfigured an IPO VoIP trunk to a Cisico Call manager a few times. Some teething problem but works well.

The one problem you will come into is short codes. H323 is not like PSTN the call manager likes all of your RAS code and phone number to be dialed in one string. When creating you shortcodes and numbers to be placed onto the call manager for routing make sure you make use of the X in the short code so the IPO does not process the short code untill of of the X's have been filled in the code.

As far as configuring the Cisco you set it up as a standard VOIP interface with RAS.

ipo.gif

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back