Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP Service Providers

Status
Not open for further replies.

NetworkGuy101

IS-IT--Management
Aug 13, 2002
US
Whats about service providers? Is there any good service providers to go through? If I had a T1 data line and a VoIP PBX could I just use that T1 for my outgoing local/long distance calls? Anybody know of any reliable VoIP providers?

If you didn't want to call a land line then yes. If you want to call a normal pots line then someone has to gateway that for you.

Take a look at XO communications ( They just came out with a pretty decent VoIP solution where they provide you a data T-1 and will run VoIP on it. I would imagine you could just switch to them as your ISP and phone provider. Most VoIP providers will not let you just hook into thier system, but will provide you with a T-1, PRI, or channel bank interface from a Cisco router that hooks into thier network.

It is what it is!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back