Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP question

Status
Not open for further replies.

zardari42

MIS
Mar 28, 2009
PK
Hi all i need some help in these

(1) What is route optimization and how can i enable it can
somebody briefly explain(I was reading NTP`s and couldnt
understand).

(2) Can i install Mobile voice client on my Black Berry, i
was trying to install and couldn't succeeded.

(3) I have setup 3 sites with primary/alternat/failsafe
signaling server with SIP. What would happened if
primary system (CS1KE) gets down, does dialing between
sites stays working??

Thanks

I can answer Q-1 and Q-3.

1 - Route optimization tries to create a connection through the least number of systems possible for calls between pbx's.

For Example:

Given 3 sites (A, B, C) that are interconnected with either VoIP or traditional TIE lines.

Barney at site B has forwarded his phone to Charley at site C.

Alex at site A calls Barney, and the call is answered by Charley.

Without optimization, this call is using a tie line from site A to site B, and again from site B to site C.

With optimization, the system recognizes that the connection from site A to site B is not necessary, and drops that connection, then makes a connection directly from site A to site C.

3. In your configuration, if the Primary NRS fails, then the alternate NRS becomes active, all available endpoints register to it, and calls continue to flow between sites.

If the Primary and Alternate NRS both fail (Assuming both are running in standalone configuration), then the failsafe site should be able to call phones at the other locations (provided the destination phones are still registered to their node and reachable on the network). The phones at the Primary and Alternate sites would not be able to dial to the Failsafe site.

With 4 or more sites, then in the event of Primary and Alternate NRS failure, all failsafe sites should be able to dial between themselves, and also to the Primary and Alternate sites, given the same restrictions as the prior paragraph. The phones at the Primary and Alternate sites would not be able to dial out to any of the failsafe sites.

Q2. If you are referring to the mvc2050, then it will only works on a PDA running Windows Mobile.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back