Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP over VPN one-way voice problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

rleestma

Technical User
Jul 31, 2001
US
Hi all..

Have a 2811 in my corporate office serving as the VPN server, and have a WVR54g linksys VPN router at my house.

I have configured a 7920 phone for use at my house, and it registers correctly, can even place calls, but I can't hear anything on it. People can hear me, but I can't hear them...

Corporate network is 192.168.1.0
House network is 192.168.0.0

Any ideas??? HELP!!!!

Ryan

1 way voice is almost always a routing issue. In this case there are 2 things that need to communicate.

1) Call manager - this may be OK since it is able to register and get to the TFTP server. Make sure that if you have mre than 1 CCM server, that the primary server (which may or may not be the TFTP server) can reach the phone at your houese.

2) Gateway - More than likely this is the issue, The gateway may not know how to get to your house via the 2811. I would do some trace routes to the 7920 phone from both the CCM server(s) and the 2811.

It is what it is!!

Usually this is caused as mentioned before by two things. The first would be a routing issue, the second might be an improperly developed access control list on the firewall. When you make a call, there are 2 seperate RTP streams that need to take place. It sounds as though 1 is working but the second one is not so I would look at routing, access-list/firewall configuration. Hope this helps

This happens if "lan extension" isn't enabled on cisco routers. If this is an option, on your linksys you may try enabling it. Like stated above, make sure your gateway can get to your phone.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back