Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP issues between BCM 400 and Bcm 50

Status
Not open for further replies.

stevomorrison

Programmer
Aug 31, 2006
CA
I have a customer with a VOIP connection between a bcm 50 1.0 and a bcm 400 4.0. The BCM 400 has PRI as well as the VOIP trunks. The 50 can call the 400 over the voip no problems. When the 400 calls the 50 it rings 1 and disconnects. I have narrowed it down to the Public OLI. Because i am sending the caller ID using the public OLI i have set up with 10 digits (9024318113). When i change the OLI to anything less than 10 digits it works no problem. Only when i have 10 digits it doesn't work. I always thought VOIP uses the private OLI and received digits. Does anyone know a solution other than getting the telco to send the digits instead.

From my recollection when your Public Network Local numbering plan is National then the BCM will only send out OLI if you have provisioned 10 digits in the Public OLI.
So if you only have the problem when you have 10 digits programmed in the Public OLI then you are only having the problem when the BCM actually sends the OLI over the trunk

If you have the MCDN keycode you can set it up as private network, I have found this to work much better, I have 32 BCM's all networked together, all using private network, all using CDP as call type.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back