Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VOIP- IPC SIP integration with Mitel

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wil7575

IS-IT--Management
Jun 11, 2009
US
Our firm has currently deployed Mitel at all our remote offices.
Our main office 300+ users and 100+ traders is still pending migration.

Problem is, we need to decide on Turret provider.
We do not want Westley Clover but prefer IPC.

Has anyone sucessfully implemented IP IPC SIP with MITEL 3300?

The IPC Sip cards are fairly new to the market, and validation to Mitel has not been completed. Do you have the Mitel in place or are you upgrading the PBX as well?

Thanks for responding.
We have a Mitel Gateway at Main office to talk to all other small offices with Mitel. But at the main office we still have Nortel with TDM IPC. We want to migrate our Main office to IP without using Westley Clover turrets

Have you looked at the Avaya/Speakerbus SIP Integration?
Avaya is the leader in IP PBX's and easily integrates to other turret systems, BT, IPC or Speakerbus.
We're currently testing the Speakerbus SIP Integration and so far soo good, my users love it.

Not entirely true Avayas SIP server is a bit of a pig when it comes to integrating with dealerboards. I always thought speakerbus is a hoot system not a dealerboard. Currently have a customer pulling their hair out while Avaya & IP Trade try to get SIP integration working.

weight.png

We haven't had an issue, with Speakerbus and Avaya at all.
Speakerbus released their SIP turret about a year ago, we used to have the iSeries hoot boxes 4 channels but the business grew and wanted turret functionality without the high cost. we've been trialing them for about 3 weeks, they pre-configured and tested all equipment before they came to site so install was quick.

Biglebowski -

Any progress with the Avaya/IP Trade installation? Is it being done by a dealer or by IP Trade itself (or a combo)? We've been considering the IP Trade Turret so any feedback would be appreciated. Thanks.

What is your reason for not wanting Wesley Clover turrets? I am currently evaluating WCS, IPC, BT and Speakerbus for a client that will most likely integrate up to 200 turrets with an Avaya PBX. WCS claims that their turrets will work with Avaya or Cisco as well as Mitel, but I haven't heard about any installations of WCS turrets with over 100 positions. This scares my client right now, who is an IPC/Avaya shop.

IPC and Mitel have completed SIP interoperability testing and certification as well as Q.SIG.
It is unlikely that you would find any field-deployed IPC-Mitel SIP integration yet because the testing was only recently completed.
Just as it is unlikely you will find many SIP interop environments for any PBX-Turret combination (for the same reason).
PBX-Turret System Interoperability is still being done with Q.SIG for the most part. Compatibility between various vendors is about the same.
The success of an integration (meaning how quickly and easily it is deployed) is usually dependent on the expertise and willingness of the two vendor technicians to work together and test.
IP Trade and Speakerbus are both vendors who focus on Avaya integration (and Cisco as well). IP Trade has been working at it for a longer period of time though I am unsure of just how many field deployed integrations with Avaya either of them actually have.
The Mitel 3300 is just as viable as a PBX platform for integration with IPC as the others, though with fewer instances of it out there than Avaya, Cisco or Nortel.
The main consideration would seem to be, other things being equal, the goal of preserving the investment in the existing enterprise PBX platform and the economies that this brings your company while testing the interop capability between IPC and Mitel to ensure it works as you wish.

From what I gather now our client was the first avaya - Ip Trade SIP integration. It is working now but was a very painful process, the go live was cancelled 3 times times and finally went live 4 weeks late. TBH Ip Trade was a nightmare very few updates and often their engineers would turn up on site very late or not at all. This caused a few problems as Avaya development got involved and sent developers to site to test the SIP server and IP Trade never even turned up. It also now transpires that a few other avaya shops had turned down the contract knowing that this integration had not been done before.

weight.png

Thanks for the feedback. Was almost certain that IP Trade already had some Avaya installations out there. In any case, support is crucial.

Glad to see that you are infavor of IPC, I am in the Chicago Area and would like to help with this topic.

Jim Gove-IPC
312-287-2219

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back