Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

Voip Cost Estimate Question

Status
Not open for further replies.

wl7coe

MIS
Jun 12, 2001
US
I hate to ask this, but time requirements force me to.
I am looking for a close estimate on the price to purchase a cisco voip solution. We have an uptodate cisco network routers and switchs.

I am hoping there is someone out there who recently purchased a 500 to 1000 user system.

I am looking at purchasing the servers, licenses and blades for pstn connectivity. The voip phones I will purchase in another phase.

Nortel just hit me with a HUGE cost estimate to upgrade our switch, I should have got the upgrade for free! So now I am looking at trashing the switch this year, instead of in three years. So now I have to decide if I have enough money to implement the cisco solution and I only have a day to decide.

I would like to hear some round numbers from those that have recently purchased the cisco voip solution.

If you can just basically describe what you have and the cost, it would help me try to make an educated guess.

Thank you

Well you need to decide what features you need first.

How does your call flows work? Any special features you need??

BuckWeet

I repeat the last two lines of my question:
I would like to hear some round numbers from those that have recently purchased the cisco voip solution.

If you can just basically describe what you have and the cost, it would help me try to make an educated guess.

I only have abouit eight more hours to make a decision.

We really wanted to wait three years beofre implementation.
Just so you know I have 96 T1's, 1100 users and I am just implenting voip on the local LAN.

I know how much Unity costs, how much the voip phones cost. What I am wondering what is the cost of the liceneses and base system (Call Manager and other servers)
Te1 cards, FXO/FXS cards etc. I want to phase this project in over a year.

It is a $$$$ constriction and no choice.

I was really hoping to talk to someone who recently impleneted a 500 to 1000 user cisco solution.

Thank you

Well....

I'm a 50,000 IP phone cisco user..

But

For 96T1's you're going to need some 6500's with the 6608 blades to give you that port density.. And for that many T1's it sounds like you're doing some call center functions which is my guess..

so a 6513 with 10 6608 blades = 80 ports.. Which is probably around 175K+ (ball park)

Then you'll need another switch to give you the additional ports..

You're talking 300K+ just on the switches if you get maintenance and all of that..

Then the Unity (if you use their voicemail) and multiple callmanager servers, IVR servers, etc..

I imagine all said and done, for how t1's and end users you want you want to support, it'll be 500K+

Then tack on 350 (ball park) per phone x 1100 = 385K

Coming close to 1 Million

BuckWeet

LAUGH, when you said features I thought ya meant like phone features like we program into the switch! laugh.

The current switch does support alot. But it supports more than my organization, we are looking at getting off of it.

I knew it was gonna be costly, I was looking at phasing this in, buying the call manager cluster/unity setup and and maybe 50 to 100 phones. I want to tie back into the switch for PSTN service the first phase. The telephone switch will never go away and I can use it till i can afford 6500's. On the LAN side I have all the routers and switches, we just purchased them this past year.
So I am looking at a core pakage that will get me up and running just on my LAN and an inteir of maybe 2 t1's to the current switch.

After the budget meeting this morning, looks like they are giving me a few days more to make a decision. Darn federal government procedures!

Thanks for the info!

Well in that case

You could get by with just some 3550PWR or 3560 Powered switches (i'd go with the 3560's) then a 3745 gateway (gives you plenty of growth) unless you have powered switches already.

2 callmanager servers, and then the unity. then you should be set..

that could be had for under 100K I would think

BuckWeet

100K, Thats a good price to get started. I could come up with atleast 200K this year, and 200K every year after that.
I do have the router and switches already, so there is some cost savings.

Hard to get all the money upfront here.

Thank you for the help!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back