Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP Conversion to Analog for Legacy Equipment 1

Status
Not open for further replies.

cemtiger

Technical User
Mar 17, 2016
US
thread462-1660463

@ ECartman

You mentioned in this closed thread you use Quintum Gateways to convert SIP to analog and I wanted to pick your brain a little more on this. I currently use Grandstream FXS and FXO gateways for my clients with IP telephone systems. However, I would love to offer my clients with legacy equipment the cost saving of TWC SIPS while sticking with their older equipment. I know AT&T is doing something similar for their customers using Edgewater devices. Could you explain a little more on how you use the Quintum to convert.

I was trying to think through the process of registering an fxs gateway to separate trunks over sip, but i cant quite wrap my head around it. Currently, with our fxs gateways you have to input on each individual port a registration name/password and ip for each "extension" the port will think it is. However, with TW SIP gateways, all we do is enter the IP of the gateway and number of call paths. How do you tell the gateway that there are say 6 individual call paths each with its own DID and then register each of those individually to a port on the fxs gateway?

Thanks for any insight you can provide. I appreciate it.

No problem.

To be honest, we moved away from Quintum a few years ago in favour of BeroNet. They are a breeze to setup and manage. The config you are describing is fairly simple with BeroNet. You would setup your FXS ports and your SIP account separately, then you would us the dial plan configuration to route calls between them.

They run regular webinars which give you a good overview

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back