Tek-Tips is the largest IT community on the Internet today!

Members share and learn making Tek-Tips Forums the best source of peer-reviewed technical information on the Internet!

• Congratulations SkipVought on being selected by the Tek-Tips community for having the most helpful posts in the forums last week. Way to Go!

VoIP and ATA's

Status
Not open for further replies.

StopGo

IS-IT--Management
Sep 7, 2005
CA
I am running Succession 3.0 on an Option 11. There is a remote site with a PoE switch and I need to add an analog device there. Is it possible to add an ATA on the Etherenet switch port? If i can, are there any special configuration?

An ATA IP can be registered at remote site if you have a Signaling Server at main site.
Do you actually have some IP phone at this remote site?
Is your PBX IP connected with another IP PBX?
Do you have H323 licences on your PBX?

There is a Sig Server at the main site and i have IP phones at the remote site.
The remote site is actually across the street so i am using fiber and media converters to extend my TLAN.
I have all the ISM's required.

I was thinking of using a Grandstream ATA and configure it with an IP address on the TLAN subnet and default gateway. What i dont know is if the Grandstream can be configured with the Sig Server IP address.

I would also like to know what to add in the CLS when i configure the ATA as a set (on the PBX).

Am i on the right track?

Unlike Cisco which have integrated ATA's management, for Nortel it's define as a remote site. IP Peer networking have to be implemented:

1- Create Virtual DCH
2- Create Virtual Route
3- Create H323 trunk members
4- Create RLI
5- Create DSC

Then on SigServ, you have to configure NRS part:
Your SS have to be preloaded with a co-resident gatekeeper, done during software installation. Then define the address of your NRS in element manager. It's normally then same address of your SS TLAN. Access NRS with allocated tab.

1- Create Domain name (might be anything, unless you don't decided to use SIP)
2- Create Level 1 domain
3- Create Level 0 domain
4- Create Gateway endpoint. It can be RAS h323 endpoint or fix IP@. In 1st case, give then H323 name define in your ATA box.
5- Save and apply.

Then in active view, you may see your box registered in Gateway endpoint tab.

6- Create routing entry, which in the DSC of your PBX and give direction of your ATA box.

I don't know your ATA box, but it's all the same kind of stuff, which required some basic definition.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Part and Inventory Search

Sponsor

Back